To our ClassPass community:
At ClassPass, our top priority is the health and well-being of our customers — it’s the foundation of everything we do. As a global company, we are actively monitoring the emerging public health impact of COVID-19 across the 30+ countries we serve. As the situation continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility.
We’d like to answer questions around ClassPass’ efforts to create an environment that protects the health and safety of our customers, studio partners and team members.
How can I help protect myself?
We encourage to you check WHO and the CDC for the most up-to-date guidelines on preventative measures and travel recommendations as they are constantly being reevaluated. If you have symptoms, contact your local public health department (many have COVID-19 information lines) to avoid exposing others or overwhelming the system.
What symptoms should I watch for?
COVID-19 often presents itself through flu-like symptoms; some symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19 are fever, a dry cough, and shortness of breath. The WHO's Q&A is a helpful resource with more information on symptoms, preventative measures and more.
I'm experiencing cold and flu symptoms. Should I still take class?
If you're feeling unwell, we recommend that you stay home from class and take the opportunity to recharge. It’s also important to stay home to avoid potentially endangering those around you.
If you have an upcoming reservation that falls within our 12-hour late cancellation window, please reach out to our Customer Experience team by selecting the “COVID-19” dropdown option and we will waive the associated fee at this time.
I feel healthy. Should I still take class?
As long as you are feeling healthy, the studio is still open and it is safe for you to travel to class, you can continue booking and attending classes. To ensure community safety, we ask that you please closely follow health guidelines from the CDC and refrain from attending classes if you have traveled to an impacted region within the last 14 days.
COVID-19 MONITORING & POLICIES
How is ClassPass monitoring the global impact of COVID-19?
Internally, ClassPass has created a global response team with representatives from all crucial business units. The team is actively monitoring the latest guidance from the CDC, WHO, local governments and public health agencies to ensure we are taking all necessary precautions across our global community of studio partners, customers and employees.
How do I know if class is still happening?
If you’re still able to book classes in your local market, we suggest checking with the studio to confirm your reservation before attending. Our Partner Support team is fully staffed and standing by to support our partners and help keep their schedules on ClassPass as up to date as possible.
In response to the global COVID-19 outbreak, ClassPass is offering you more flexibility by adding full credit rollover through June 1, 2020 and the ability to easily hit “pause” on your membership. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team if you are on one of the following plans and would like to make changes to your account:
- ClassPass plan provided by your employer.
- ClassPass Commitment plan. If you need to take a break early, all early termination fees will be waived at this time.
If I don’t feel well or safe traveling to class, will I be charged?
If you have an upcoming reservation within the 12-hour late cancellation window and don’t feel comfortable attending, please reach out to our Customer Experience team by selecting the “COVID-19” dropdown option. We will waive any associated cancellation fee at this time.
I'm working from home or self-quarantined. How can I stay active through ClassPass?
We realize some of you live in areas where you may be asked to self-quarantine or work from home indefinitely. You can access our digital library of hundreds of audio and video workouts through your ClassPass app, or on the web. ClassPass is committed to empowering our members with tools to maintain their wellness routines, especially during times of stress or uncertainty.
How is ClassPass working with studio and wellness partners in response to COVID-19?
We know that the business health of our studio and wellness partners relies on customers, and that quarantines, social distancing and overall caution related to COVID-19 may have an impact on their bottom line. In addition to supporting customers, ClassPass has identified the following opportunities to support our partners:
- Livestreamed Classes, Training Sessions & Appointments: Partners around the world can now list livestreamed classes and private virtual coaching sessions on ClassPass. All customers can book these classes using credits, even if your account is paused. Partners will receive 100% of the proceeds from these purchases for the next two months.
- ClassPass and CP Member Contributions: There is now an option to make direct cash contributions to partners through the app. ClassPass will be matching the total amount of contributions up to USD $1 million as part of our Partner Relief Fund. The next time you open your app, you will see a “Give” button on each partner’s page, unless they have opted out. 100% of these funds will go to the partner.
- Direct Purchases of Packs, Gift Cards, etc.: ClassPass also encourages customers to reach out to their favorite partners or visit their websites directly to purchase class packs, gift cards or memberships. By doing so, you not only provide cash to partners while they are closed, but you’ll be able to use those purchases for future visits.
- Government Assistance: ClassPass has launched a petition asking our governments to help studios, gyms and wellness providers get through COVID-19-related shutdowns. We encourage you to sign this petition and share it on social media.
In addition to the above, we will continue paying our partners for any missed classes or late cancellations, regardless of any fee waive policies we enact. Our Partner Support team is fully staffed and standing by to help our partners adjust their schedules as the situation evolves.